Tea is an ancient Asian beverage that the world has loved for centuries. It is no longer just a refreshing beverage, but has become much more due to its therapeutic properties. As per the statistics provided by Euro monitor International, 2.9 million tons of tea was consumed by the world in 2016 and it is forecasted to rise to 3.3 million tons by 2021. Over the years, researchers have discovered several health benefits of drinking natural tea and that explains the rapid rise in the number of people drinking tea all over the world.
All-natural tea can help you live a healthier and longer life.
- One Drink, Several Benefits – Did you know that tea is the second most popular drink in the world after water? One of the main reasons is because you can have tea in so many Cold, hot, sweet, flavored, green, black and so on. Tea is rich in antioxidants and aids in slowing down the aging process. It also helps in fighting food borne bacteria, improves immune system functions, promotes growth of healthy bacteria in the intestines and helps in bowel regularity. Drinking tea regularly helps in reducing stress and losing weight. Catechin and polysaccharides found in healthy tea have a noticeable effect on lowering blood sugar as well. Japanese studies prove that having two cups of green tea a day can help in preventing tooth loss.
- May Protect from Cancer – Although more research is required, several positive results have been received that natural tea has protective effects against cancer cells. One of the studies found that Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in tea subdues cancer cell growth in lungs and breasts.
- Mind Booster – Tea has been consumed as a stress buster for ages in Asian countries. The amino acids present in tea boosts the alpha wave activity of the brain that encourages relaxed concentration. The highest levels of an amino acids called L-the anise is present in green and white teas. This helps in calming the mind and relieving it from any stress and thereby increases In addition, drinking tea can help get rid of headaches and nervous tension.
- Reduces the Risk of Heart Diseases – Tea is rich in catechins that prevent the formation of blood clots, thereby making it one of the best beverages to reduce the risk of heart disease. Absence of clots in the arteries and veins keep the blood flowing smoothly and helps in controlling blood pressure too. Tea promotes the rise of HDL cholesterol, which is good cholesterol. The higher level of HDL removes other forms of cholesterol from the bloodstream and in turn helps prevent the risks of a heart attack.
- Builds Strong Immune System – Natural tea contains several antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that promote development of a strong immune system. Health issues like gastric trouble and irritable bowel system can be helped with tea, especially when herbs like Tulsi or basil, and ginger are mixed in the tea. Such a healthy tea is good for soothing the digestive system in the body and helps in releasing the harmful gasses, clears the intestine, and regularizes the bowel system.
6.Fat-Free – Tea is a low-calorie, fat-free beverage when consumed without sugar. It is a great drink for losing weight and keeping yourself hydrated. The best part is you can have hot or cold tea as per the climate. Great varieties of teas are available in several flavors so you get a wide range of choice. Just grab your favorite flavor of tea available near you and drink towards good health and long life.